Introduction to the Diamondback Release 3
There is certainly no bicycle manufacturer making great improvement strides like Diamondback.
They always awe with every new model released to the market. From the initial Diamondback’s Mission Pro to the latest model, Diamondback Release 3 Full Suspension Mountain Bicycle, much can be noted. Of much concern is the company’s ability to bring in new aspects and concepts facilitating this present-day riding evolution.
Everybody loves riding. For sure! However, you definitely won’t enjoy your experience with a poor bicycle. Any bicycle of your choice ought to satisfy your riding aspirations. This is enabled by the bicycle’s accompanying features. Brake system for safety, saddle for comfort, frame for design among other features play a crucial role.
Riders have varying aspirations. Whereas others get a bicycle to ride for fun, others get it for sporting. Regardless of your priming factor, get a quality bicycle. If you are looking for a sturdy and for a capable all terrain-type mountain bike, consider the DB release three mountain bike. Read Diamondback release review below to know more about this incredible bike.
Overview of Diamondback Release 3 Full Suspension Bike
|Frame Size||15.5″ – SM / 17″ – MD / 19″ – LG / 21″ – XL|
|Frame Material||Aluminum frame|
|Bike Type||Dual suspension|
|Brakes||Hydraulic disc brake|
|Wheel Size||27.5 inch in size|
|Pros||150mm suspension fork, SRAM drivetrain, Tubeless compatible rims|
|Cons||Not water bottle mount or cage|
|Summary||Sturdy full suspension bike for any mountain terrain.|
|Where to Buy||Click here for more information|
Who is the Diamondback Release 3 designed for?
- The DB Release 3 is specially made for riding aficionados looking for a sturdy and capable all-mountain bike.
- DB finds pride in the bike’s new suspension system. This is the reason behind the sturdy nature.
- Like other DiamondBack bikes, the bicycle comes with four size guides. This is dependent on individual heights.
- Small size (15”) suits rider heights of 5’4” to 5’7” while medium (17”) is a perfect fit for 5’7 to 5’10”
- On the other hand, large (19”) and extra-large (21”) are a perfect choice for riders with heights ranging from 5’10” to 6’2” and 6’2” to 6’6” respectively.
What Makes Diamondback Release 3 an All Mountain Bike?
If there is a feature that the Diamondback Release 3 doesn’t shy away from is the new level link suspension. Bearing in mind the essence of having a good suspension system on a bike, this isn’t a feature to pass. Just to mention, suspensions are great contributors towards comfort. Especially for mountain riders, having a bicycle with a good suspension system shouldn’t be a gamble.
DB Release 3 suspension system is the beast on downhills and does a good job climbing too. As mentioned, it uses a level link suspension technology that eliminated the conventional pedal bob system.
Unbeatable Frame & Fork
With such a good suspension system, what do you anticipate from the frame? The Diamondback Release 3 frame seems extremely rugged and durable. The geometry of this frame is designed to get the most out of its new amazing suspension system. This is perhaps why it is a plus despite adding an extra pound or two. The bicycle uses a Release 130mm travel.
Riders with the Diamondback Release 3 experience attest that it actually seems like a 150mm frame. The frame has an incorporated level link suspension with hydroformed tubing, ISCG-05 Tabs, a Boost 148x12mm Maxle Drop out and 1.5” tapered headtube. With such an outstanding frame, expect nothing less from its fork. So to say, it uses a RockShox Pike RCT3 150mm travel fork with external rebound and a 3 position compression damping.
Speed is definitely among the main aspects to look out for in any mountain bicycle. Nobody wants a bike that can’t get better speedy moments to reminisce later. Note that a bike’s speed is complemented by various features. Aside from the necessary strong build and design, front and rear derailleur, chain, shifter and Cogset also contribute a lot.
The Diamondback Release 3 three bicycle line reflects most modern bike features. One of importance is the short rear end and long top tube which enables the Diamondback Release 3 easily attain and stay at 11 speed. The 130mm rear travel and 150mm RockShox pike enables the bike to gobble up rough terrains without much effect on speed like bigger bikes.
Tires and Rims
No rider certainly enjoys replacing a bicycle’s tires or rims frequently. Despite being costly, it is tiring. That said, consider getting a bicycle with satisfactory and durable tires and rims. The Diamondback Release 3 bike is made and finished off by quality parts. The rims are DB Blanchard 28R models. They are used with other DB models with utmost precision. They are both tube and tubeless compatible. Such priceless!
Tires, on the other hand, are the Schwalbe Hans Dampf brand. They measure 27.5 x2.35” and easy folding. They are made of snakeskin to ascertain quality and durability.
What’s your size? Diamondback often releases a size guide that goes with every model. Use the guide to choose the right bike size for you. Note that there is a range of sizes that are the best fit for all riders. Size determination is important to ensure that riders get a comfortable posture and attain a pedaling comfortability every time on the bike.
As mentioned before, the size guide comes in four clusters. They are:
- Small size of 15” suitable for rider height between 5’4” to 5’7”
- Medium size of 17” suitable for rider height ranging from 5’7” to 5’10”
- Large size of 19” suiting rider height of between 5’10” to 6’2”
- Extra-large size of 21” perfect for rider height of 6’2” to 6’6”.
Assembling the remaining parts is often one of the daunting tasks once your new bicycle arrives. However, most of the Diamondback bicycles come with the ReadyRide feature. This reduces the time and skills required for the final step assembly. Assembly is typically time-consuming and requires some technical know-how. This can be quite challenging. Especially for amateurs, assembling the bike can take up to 2 hours. However, Diamondback attaches an owner’s manual and toolkit to ease your assembly process.
Pros & Cons of the Diamondback Release 3 Bike
- Hydroformed tubing aluminum frame
- The bike has an excellent frame geometry
- 27.5 alloy wheels with tubeless compatible rims
- 11-speed drivetrain from SRAM with trigger shifter
- Take only 30-120 minutes to install remaining parts.
- Comes with ReadyRide features hence 95% assembled
- The bike is designed to achieve a new level link suspension
- Equipped with SRAM hydraulic brakes for instant stopping power
- Water bottle cage missing
- Little bit heavy than other bikes in its price range
Diamondback Release 3 Specs at a Glance
- Frame: Hydroformed aluminum frame
- Suspension Fork: 150mm RockShox travel fork
- Number of Speed: 11 speed for faster ride
- Shifter: SRAM trigger shifter to change gear easily
- Drivetrain: SRAM x1 Horizon 11 speed drivetrain
- Brakes: Hydraulic disc brake by SRAM Guide RS
- Rotor: 180/180 mm front & rear rotors
- Chain: KMC 11EL chain to cover 11 speed
- Wheels: 27.5-inch alloy wheels
- Tires: 2.35″ Schwalbe Hans Dampf tires
- Rims: Tubeless compatible 27.5 rims
- Saddle: Saddle by WTB volt pro for comfort
- Seatpost: 31.6 mm adjustable KS LEV Integra dropper Seatpost
- Pedals: DB4L platform pedals
- Diamondback Release 3 weight: 30 pounds
- Extras: DB Pump, Toolkit, Tubeless valves, Mud Guard, Manual & Guide
- Note: Specifications Subject to Change
FAQs & Answer
|Question: Is the bike tubeless?|
|Answer: Not really. The bicycle isn’t tubeless. It comes with tubes installed. However, the rims are tubeless-ready. The bike comes with tubeless valves in case you consider this option.|
|Question: Is the bike durable?|
|Answer: Yes! Diamondback bikes do not doubt durability. The bike is sturdy enough.|
|Question: Does the bike come with a dropper post?|
|Answer: The Diamondback Release 3 comes does come with a dropper post. The post is a KS LEV Integra Dropper post. It is perfect for extensive use.|
|Question: Which saddle does the bike use?|
|Answer: The Diamondback Release 3 is fitted with a WTB Volt Pro seat & KS LEV Integra Dropper seat post.|
|Question: Which group does this bicycle suit?|
|Answer: The bicycle is a good choice for anyone looking for a sturdy and all capable mountain bike.|
The final verdict on the Diamondback Release 3
Rating the Diamondback Release 3 cannot be done fully without feeling the riding experience it comes with. There is a lot to like about this release yet little or nothing to complain about. Beginning from its outstanding frame design, sturdy and top notch build to the amazing braking system, there is much to explore in this model. Cornering at good flow and speed feels more natural. The brakes are fantastic. So are the suspensions and other parts you think about. The Diamondback Release 3 does an amazing job despite being a few pounds heavier than conventional bikes.
You May Also Like To Read
Diamondback Bicycles Release 3 Full Suspension Mountain Bike
COMPONENTS - 9.0/10
PRICE - 8.0/10
WEIGHT - 8.8/10
SPEED - 8.2/10
DURABILITY - 8.8/10