The Best Mountain Bikes Under 500 Dollars
Here are some of the Best Mountain Bikes Under 500 Dollars. We have listed and provided you a Guide & Reviews for the best MTBs at the mid-range price tag.
If you are looking forward to enjoying some of your best ridings ever, then you are in the right place. Mountain bike riding is meant to provide you with great feelings such as feeling free, enjoying the wind on your face, seeing sceneries (if you have time), etc..
By using any of the below bikes, you’ll experience your surrounding environment in a different way – Again, I want to emphasize this, the feeling of freedom on your MTB is second to none. The fact that the below are all MTBs does not mean they are never to be used for road riding. I mean they work just fine on a road, though I personally prefer them on offroad. One way to look at your bike for road use is for leisure purposes in the city.
The below MTBs can also be used to help you improve your health. Have a read to get more information about the best mountain bikes under 500 dollars. Then go ahead and get one to share your personal experience. You probably won’t have the time to share anything as you’ll be too busy going to your next spot for another great cycling experience.
Top 3 Best Mountain Bikes Under 500 Dollars – Comparison
|Bike Name||Type||Wheel Size||Speed||Latest Price|
|Diamondback Overdrive Hardtail (Editor's Choice)||HardTail||27.5||24|
|Gravity FSX 1.0||Dual Suspension||26||24|
|Vilano Ridge 2.0||HardTail||26||21|
Budget Mountain Bikes below $500 – Reviews
To save my visitors valuable time, I have spent countless hours to find the best MTB which is top in quality but budget-friendly in the current market, and lastly, build a list of best cheap mountain bikes below $500. Please note that these bikes are cheap in price but the best in quality, all the bikes are capable in their own stance. Also, these bikes are 26, 27.5 & 29 inches in size with hardtail & full-suspension frame so you can select your best one from this list.
If you have more budget then you can check this page where I listed best picks which come under $1000. But If you think you need a bike at a low budget then you can check our $300 & $200 bike listing pages. Just take your desired one from the list of good mountain bikes reviews below.
Listed product price was under $500 at the time of writing this article
1. Diamondback Overdrive 27.5″
In our world, today, there are plenty of overhyped bikes that seemingly never live up to their expectations. Besides, the prices are often outrageous for these clumsy bikes. Good news, it’s never too late, you can still get a quality mountain bike without necessarily having to drain your pockets.
This Red Diamondback Overdrive 27.5 Hardtail Mountain Bike, 18-inch frame is one of a kind. Besides, it has a capable, proven record of performance, and a durable design too.
This bike has many great features that make this bike TOP PICK in this list of best mountain bikes under 500 bucks. Read on to know more this awesome bike;
Who is this bike designed for
This bike is a performer. It is intended to perform small jumps on your adventures in the wild. It will suit beginner level rider who loves performing short, little stunts. It’s 18’’ size makes it perfect for the averagely sized mountain biker.
- 27.5″ Wheels
- Tektro Mechanical Disc Brakes
- 24 Speeds with Shimano Shifters
- It has 100mm SR Suntour XCT Fork
- Double Wall Alloy Rims
- 6061-T6 Aluminum Frame
- 29 inches Standover Height
- Equipped with Big Knobby Tires
This bike comes with a small Allen key set on it to allow almost everything you need to fit on the bike. You will be able to put the handlebars and seat in. You can simply dial in your brake calipers to adjust the tension on your brake cables and the shift cables. Constructed with 6061-T6 Aluminum frame hence lightweight so you can transport anywhere easily if needed.
- 6061-T6 aluminum alloy hardtail frame (Hand built)
- SR Suntour XCT fork with 100mm of suspension travel
- Easy to assemble, Shimano shifters for smooth gear shifting.
- Shimano 8-speed rear derailleur and three chainrings- 24 speeds
- Tektro Mechanical Disc Brakes to assist you during stopping in all conditions.
- 27.5″ wheels with double-wall alloy rims are large enough to roll over obstacles
- Cheap Pedals. You can upgrade it.
- Uncomfortable seat so gets better one by replacing it
It ‘s hard to find 27.5 inch hardtail mountain bike at affordable price. This bike will remove all your doubts. This bike is the best entry level mountain bike under 500 bucks for the beginners. Great deal for a quality mountain bicycle.
2. Gravity FSX 10
Are you in search of a comfortable mountain bike below $500? Gravity FSX 1.0 26 inches Dual Suspension Mountain Bike 2017 Edition is one of the best Dual Suspension mountain bikes on the market. It provides one of the most comfortable rides.
Almost every rider that we spoke to, and who purchased this bike from Amazon said it is truly flawless. The bike is a collection of all of the best features a bicycle can have. This makes it one of the best sellers on Amazon. If all of these people like it, I am sure you’ll do too? It is by far one of the best dual suspension MTB below 500 dollars for your comfortable ride.
Who is this bike designed for
This is designed for mountain bikers who want a comfortable ride. The fact that it is light and has numerous feature that makes riding on the mountain an exciting experience. It is by far one of the best comfortable MTB on the market. The bike comes with three colors & in 5 different sizes to suit riders of various sizes; 15- Inch – Fits up to 5’6.” / 17- Inch – Fits up to 5’8.”/19- Inch – Fits up to 6.’ /21- Inch – Fits 6’1″ and larger
- Suntour Fork
- Double Wall Alloy
- Shimano EF51 Shifters
- NEW Hydroformed Aluminum Frame
This bicycle has no issue with comfort-ability. From younger to old-guy finds this bike very comfortable. This bicycle has front and rear disc brakes, a highly developed aluminum frame with single pivot technology, modifiable rear coil-over cartridge shock, Shimano drivetrain, and a flexible front shock. These unique features for sure are not common with any other bike. This is exceptional.
- It has front & rear Disc brakes system
- 26-inch wheel size perfect for your growing kids
- 24-speed with Shimano shifters for smooth gear shifting
- Durable and light aluminum frames with double-wall rims
- Both front & rear quick-release wheels with adjustable suspension
- Professional assembly required.
- Because of wheel size, it’s not fit for Tall riders.
Gravity FSX 1.0 26 inch Dual Suspension Mountain Bike 2017 Edition its a great version from the manufacturer BikesDirect. This bike has numerous feature that makes this bike more comfortable for the riders. If you give most priority to your comfort-zone then this two-wheeler will be a great machine for you!Check The Price Read Full Review
3. Vilano Ridge 2.0
- The Vilano Ridge 2.0 is currently not available, YOU MAY LIKE to look at the: Vilano ridge 1.0 or the Vilano Blackjack 3.0
Vilano! The name of a top-notch MTB brand that makes the most beautiful inexpensive mountain bike. This company introduced a great looking mountain bike that anyone will choose at first look. A combination of class, power, and functionality looks like this bike is a multi-thousand dollar bike!!!
Vilano Ridge 2.0 26″ Mountain Bike with 21 speed can be your perfect choice. It comes with perfect tires that can rule over the rough terrains. This bike mainly famous for its functionality, it is designed to perform, making it easy to handle hence everyone’s favorite. Read on to get more information about this incredible machine.
Who is this bike designed for
This bike is mainly designed for those who need the best MTB at a cheap price but elegant in design. So basically, if you like mountain riding, then you can consider these bicycles. The bike is also suitable for your teenage son or daughter. This too does not mean you cannot purchase one for your husband or wife; it can also serve that purpose too. This model comes in two different sizes;
- Attractive Design
- 6061 Aluminum Frame
- Great piece from Vilano
- Front Suspension Fork with Lockout
Vilano Ridge 2.0 26 Inch Mountain Bike has 21 speed with Kenda tires which make this bike ideal for both off and on-road adventures! It has alloy mag wheels with Shimano components and mechanical disc brakes to offer a significant stoppage. This mountain bike comes with a suspension fork and lockout facility, and 21 speeds for fun ride. Great for off-road, trails, and street. By its awesome looks its nominated one of the best good looking mountain bikes.
- Easy gear shifting.
- Great bike for this price range.
- Shimano 21 speed drivetrain for the sharp ride.
- Super mechanical disc brakes for excellent stopping power
- It has 26 Inch Alloy mag wheels with awesome looking rims.
- Built with Double butted 6061 aluminum 26” mountain bike
- Suspension fork with lockout to keep the front fork locked when you ride light trail
- Need professional assembling
- There were a few complaints about the size of the bike; the great riders believed it was a little small for their style.
If you are looking forward to having a safe and peaceful ride in a classy, elegant designed bike, then this would be your perfect choice. This bike is perfect for both off and on-road riding. You will be amazed by its stunning looks & performance.
4. Mongoose Impasse 29er
Finding the right mountain bike for big guys is not so tricky now. Top MTB brand Mongoose released a bicycle named Mongoose Impasse 29er Dual Suspension Mountain Bike to give the solution. This high-end 29er mountain bike is one of the few bicycles of its size that is below 500 dollars. I recommend this fabulous bike because it will for sure serve your biking needs to the latter- providing you with an experience like never before. Here is more information about this high-quality bicycle.
Who is this bike designed for
This bicycle is designed mainly for mountain biking but you can do casual rides on this great bike under 500 bucks. The 29er wheel provides a proper requirement for the tall mountain biker. With a speed of 21 and a 29-inch wheel and a full suspension, this bike can indeed be used in any way the owner sees fit. Besides, it’s 29- inch size means it can also be used as a gift for your young teens because there is an assurance they would never outgrow the bike, meaning it’s usable by adults too.
- 29” Wheels
- Dual Disc Brakes
- Quick Release Front Wheel
- 21 Speed with SRAM Twist Shifters
- Aluminum Frame
- Shimano Gearing Option
- Element Suspension Fork
Mongoose Impasse Dual Full Suspension Bicycle (29 inches) is the ultimate 29er, outfitted with an aluminum dual-suspension frame; this bike provides a smooth and easy ride featuring an element front fork, Shimano gearing components, SRAM twist gear shifters and both front and rear disc brakes for instant stopping power.
- Easy Installation.
- Front and rear both disc brakes.
- The alloy wheels have a quick-release front.
- 29” wheels for the ride over the obstacle in terrain.
- It has a suspension fork that eases cycling on bumps and increases super handling.
- 21 speed from Shimano with SRAM twist shifters to changes gears without difficulty
- Built with Aluminum full suspension frame to provides comfort and riding performance.
- A little bit heavier for some riders
- Uncomfortable seat. Can be replaced
This is a bike made ready for anything, be it mountain riding, for sports or for commuting it will still be able to serve the needed purpose. This bike is worth the money you, especially if you are a tall person. Best 29er MTB at a comparatively cheap price. You can consider this one when you plan to buy it.
5. Schwinn Protocol 1.0
How stylish can be a bike? one of the best mountain bike brands SCHWINN is responsible for this question. Seeing this Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Full Suspension 26 Inch Mountain Bike can make you think it is far from affordable. Well made & great looking MTB. Do not be cheated;
If you are a lover of MTB and wondering that what are the good mountain bikes under $500 trending now? which bike should you buy at the moment? I would advise you to go for this great MTB- you will save a lot of cash but enjoy a greater riding experience like never before. Do you want to know more about the bike? Read on;
Who is this bike designed for
- It’s red in color means it is for lovers of bold colors. The red is simply amazing it. You will be spotted approaching from a mile away on this classy bike.
- It has 26-inch wheels. This means it is medium-sized, so any medium-sized rider is going to love the comfort the bike has to offer. Even more perfect for a growing kid
- Ladies may want to keep off this one. It is specifically designed to suit men’s physique. Maybe just once a while a woman can try it, but it is for Men.
- Almost 90% Installed
- High-Quality Parts Included
- 24 Speeds with EF-50 Trigger Shifters
This bikes dual-suspension keep you well on the back & front as well. This bike is one of the budget mountain bikes for the entry-level riders below 500 bucks. So if you decide to buy this MTB then you can go for it without any hesitation.
- 26-inch aluminum wheels.
- Almost 90% assembled when you buy it.
- Beautifully designed Alloy Rims with Black Bladed Spokes
- Easy handling Handlebar with Schwinn 4 Bolt A-Head Stem
- It’s Schwinn Aluminium Dual Suspension Frame w. Steel Rear is a boost
- The bike’s Shimano Altus 24 speeds w. EF-50 Trigger Shifters is a big plus
- Has a Pro Max Front Disc Brake and Suntour Suspension Fork for maximum stoppage
- No disc brake in rear part
I believe after buying, assembling and trying out this bike yourself; you will love the model. It’s one of the best mtb under 500 bucks for men’s with dual-suspension . Because of outstanding features, this bike holds the important position in this top rated mountain bikes review list. So you can consider this bike on top if you plan to buy a quality mountain bike.Check The Price Read Full Review
6. Nashbar Single Speed 29er
This bike is out of stoke. You can click on the picture and you’ll be given other choices.
- The Nashbar is currently not available, so YOU MAY LIKE to look at the: Diamondback Overdrive or the Fat Bike – DIAMONDBACK EL OSO
Made to grant your needs- Nashbar Single Speed 29er Mountain Bike is just the perfect bike for those who aren’t happy about changing gears on a bike. Its Single Speed means this bike has 1 speed only. You can’t change the gear. So the riders don’t need to worry about the speed. This bicycle provides you with a ray of experience like no other. It is just what everyone seeks from a bike without the multi-gearing option. Nashbar Single-Speed 29er is one of the best 29er single speed mountain bikes below 500 dollars.
This bike is a game-changer; call it the bike of your dreams, made to perform. To know more about this incredible bike, check out its mind-blowing features below.
Who is this bike designed for
If you are taller & looking for a ride without changing gears, this will be your best choice yet. I say this because of the way the bike is designed making it very light and easy to travel around. This bike is perfect for commute riding. The bike is designed mainly for mountain riding, but that doesn’t mean that it cannot be used on other tracks. The bike comes in 4 distinct sizes to accommodate mountain bikers of different stature.
- 29-inch Large Wheels
- WTB Nano Sport Tires
- 680 mm Wide Aluminum Handlebar
- Tektro Novela Mechanical Disc Brakes
The bike has a Tektro Novella mechanical disc brakes handle which makes the stopping details much easier and is also super-reliable, no matter how sloppy the conditions get out in the woods. With WTB nano Sports tires this bike can be run on any surfaces smoothly. Pro rider also likes this bike for its outstanding performance.
- Has a water bottle mount
- Perfect for commute riding
- The bike is easy to assemble
- The aluminum frame of the bike is rigid, rust-proof and light.
- The bigger 29” hoops will have you rolling smoothly over obstacles with ease.
- WTB Nano Sport tires are a great all-around choice, predictable grip when you lean into turns
- This bike doesn’t have multiple gears.
- The pedals are not that easy to get used to, but after a while, one will surely get the grip
The Nashbar is responsive and able; it will provide you with a great experience. The fact that it is pocket-friendly commuting MTB and can be used for more than one function makes it the ideal choice for 29er mountain bikers. You can consider this as the best 29er mountain bike for mountain biking & commuting.
7. Mongoose Status 3.0
- The Diamondback Sorrento is currently not available, so YOU MAY LIKE to look at the: Mongoose Status 2.4 or the Fat Bike – DIAMONDBACK EL OSO
The last one also from the reputed mountain bike brand “Mongoose”. This can be defined as a very nice bike. Mongoose Status 3.0 Dual-Suspension 26 Inch Mountain Bike is a great value for the money you spend. Not for once does Mongoose ever fail its customers in designing quality bikes. Owning this bike is like winning a jackpot as it is always in high demand.
This is one MTB that will offer you such a smooth and comfy ride at such a small cost. Most riders who have tried out this bike have always loved its performance; that they always leave behind 5- star reviews on Amazon for the following reasons;
Who is this bike designed for
This bike is meant for literally anyone who loves MTB riding. It even offers better performance off the road. The bike comes in one large size. This means that adults and bigger kids are going to find the handling of this bike comfortable than smaller kids may find the difference.
- 26-inch Wheels
- Dual Disc Brake
- Suntour Crank & Alloy Pedals
- 24 Speed with Shimano Shifters
- SR Suspension Fork
- The great piece below $500
- Quick release for both Wheels
This bike’s deep V Arrow wheels with fat 2.35 Knobby tires in a cool star spoke pattern are a big plus for it. This design makes it more captivating to the eye.
- 26-inch wheels with Knobby tires to rides off the trail.
- Easy assembly. Front & rear quick release hub for both tires
- Its front and rear disc brakes offer maximum stopping power
- Suntour crank and alloy bike pedals; large threadless headset
- It has an SR suspension fork which smoothes bumps and holes to increases handling
- It has 24-speed with Shimano components like trigger shifters and Shimano Altus rear derailleur
- Only one size
- Saddle & hand bar grips not perfect. Can be replaced
This is one of the budget mountain bikes with full suspension that is never going to disappoint you. If you are a lover of bikes and wondering which one should be your next bike. Its a great mountain bike for the money.
Summary Best Mountain Bikes Under 500
Now come to the point, after reviewing this list you may find some great idea to select your desired mountain bike. If you still have confusion about which one to choose from the list then I am going to help you to make the right bike selection.
Based on performance, components, design, style, budget & safety I recommend you select the Diamondback Overdrive 27.5″ MTB which is TOP PICK in this list among all the mountain bikes reviews. But it doesn’t mean that other MTBs are useless. Those also great at their own stance. You can choose any bike from this list of good mountain bikes as these listed two-wheelers are recommended by experts.