What is the best mountain bike for the money?
- What is the best mountain bike for the money?
- Top 7 Mountain Bikes For Your Money – Comparison List
- Best Mountain Bikes For The Money Reviews
- Summary on the best mountain bike for the money
Are you looking for a quality mountain bike to sample those nature trails? Do you want a model robust enough to tackle rocky mountains and take you deep into the woods? Well, there are lots of best mountain bikes for the money that offer you an excellent way to try any sort of riding.
Whether you want the hard type with no suspension, the hard trail kind that comes with a suspension fork right at the front, or the full suspension model that comes with both rear and front shock absorbers, you will find this review helpful in your bid to get a good mountain bike for your money. Compare the following picks for a perfect fit that will transform your riding experience.
Top 7 Mountain Bikes For Your Money – Comparison List
|Bike Name||Type||Speed||Wheel Size||Latest Price|
|Diamondback Overdrive (Editor's Choice)||Hardtail||24||29|
|Mongoose Impasse||Full Suspension||21||29|
|Schwinn Protocol 1.0||Full Suspension||24||26|
Best Mountain Bikes For The Money Reviews
You’re on a budget like $200 – $1000 & looking forward to getting a good mountain bike for the trail riding am I right? Well, I have researched many hours & finally come to the list of top-ranked mountain bikes which fit your budget. I have reviewed quality bikes from a number of best bike manufacturing brand like Diamondback, Mongoose & Schwinn in the list. Also, we have a contender from SE 29er Big Bikes in top rated mountain bikes for your money. Read below to know more about the best value mountain bikes from best mountain bike brands.
The first position holder of the renowned mountain bike manufacturer Diamondback. You may have a question why I have mentioned this two-wheeler at the first in this list of top mountain bikes review for the money?
Well here is all answer in a short sentence, because of great design, all significant features & reliable performance this bicycle selected as TOP PICK in this list of best mountain bikes for the money.
The Diamondback Overdrive 29er Hardtail Mountain Bike build with uniquely lightweight with a trusted aluminum alloy frame for a sturdy feel. Its head tube is machined to give you precise steering power, especially when riding on rough terrain.
The forged dropout rear has a derailleur hanger that is replaceable, keeping the MTB stable so that you won’t have to worry about it breaking. With its quality Tektro disc brakes, you get the right functionality that leaves you with the simple task of riding with ease.
Who is this bike designed for
It’s a perfect 29er MTB for the big-bodied person. Whether you are a newbie trying to make your way around mountain bikes or a pro rider, the Overdrive 29 hardtail bike is designed for you. The manufacturer ensures that it is easy to assemble and incorporates all the bells and whistles of an MTB. There are some sizes you can choose from, starting with the 16”small, 18” medium, 20” large and the 22” X-Large.
The most outstanding thing about the Overdrive 29 is that it comes with a ‘ReadyRide’ feature and an SR Suntour suspension fork for a seamless riding experience. Better yet, you get 29-inch wheels, which are large rough to handle any terrain. You will love the precise feel and control of this MTB!
- 29-inch wheel for rolling over any obstacles
- Shimano 24 speed drivetrain with smooth gear shifting
- It gives riders ample traction on climbs for a smooth ride through hilly terrains
- Comes with hand-built 6061-T6 aluminum 29er hardtail frame that ensures durability
- The bicycle comes with Tektro disc brakes that are powerful enough for instant stopping
- Water bottle holder or kickstand not available
- The seat is not comfortable. Can be replaced for more cushion
Diamond Bicycles never disappoint, and this is evident in the Diamondback Overdrive 29er hardtail is a good testimony to that. As like Diamondback Sorrento you can consider this bicycle as the best 29er mountain bike for big guys. The build is sturdy and durable, the brakes are powerful, and the 29-inch wheels offer excellent traction for climbs. It is a good mountain bike to try out. Especially great MTB for big guys under 1000 dollars. You can check more MTB under $1000 here.
The Mongoose Impasse Full Suspension 29er Mountain Bike pushes riding limits and gives riders an upper hand when it comes to tackling bumpy terrains. It comes with 21 speed Shimano rear derailleur along with SRAM twist shifters, making changing of gears as swift and easy as it could get. It also features a sturdy aluminum frame and alloy wheels for ultimate performance.
Who is this bike designed for
This 29-inch full suspension mountain bike is designed for the ultimate thrill-seekers. It offers the strength that authentic riders look for when riding through gravel roads and city park roads. It is also a great bicycle for riders that want a liberating ride into and out of the dirt with ease. If you are looking to experience an adventure of your lifetime, this is one of the best quality mountain bikes at the affordable budget to go for.
This MTB is built to give you great control with its element suspension fork that has a smooth performance. Its aluminum suspension frame helps maximize performance and comfort. It also a great option to gift someone you love most.
- SRAM twist shifters for smooth gear changing
- It a great bicycle for beginners and professionals alike
- Lightweight full suspension aluminum frame that makes riding effortless
- 21-speed Shimano rear derailleur gives you the ultimate riding experience.
- It’s 29-inch alloy wheels come with a quick front release for better performance.
- It features top front & rear disc brakes to stop instantly without the worry of falling.
- IT doesn’t have a place for water holder
- The bicycle needs to adjust the derailleur for proper shifting
This is a decent 29er mountain bike for those looking to ride on bumpy and smooth terrains. Although the suspension can be bouncy sometimes, its stopping power and the quality build make it a bicycle to die for. Take your riding experience to the next level with the Mongoose Impasse Full Suspension 29er Mountain Bike just under 300 bucks!
Schwinn prides itself as a trusted name in America’s bicycle industry. For riders who enjoy riding along single tracks and hilly terrains, Schwinn Protocol 1.0 is a good inexpensive mountain bike. It features a dual aluminum suspension frame that makes the two-wheeler conveniently lightweight. This bike makes riding through rough tracks a walk in the park with its front forks that quickly absorb the thumps leaving your arms and shoulders unharmed. Thanks to its Shimano Altus derailleur rear and its EZ Fire shifters, even the steepest hill will not prove much a challenge.
Who is this bike designed for
This bike robust for the daring rider that wants to break the rules and challenge himself to some of the toughest terrains. It is made to satisfy the curiosity of a newbie as well, giving them the ultimate performance.
Aluminum full suspensions frame that makes it a pretty stable ride especially if you are looking to tackle bumpy terrains. It perfect for strength and performance with its outstanding high profile rims. It’s a must-have for both novice and pro riders!
- It has the disc brake in front
- Comes 90% assembled, giving you an easy time to get it ready
- A 26-inch wheel which is suit almost every rider with average bodied
- Alloy made rims with black bladed spokes gives the bike stunning appearance
- Lightweight aluminum frame and a steel rear make it easy to ride on any terrains
- 24 speed with Shimano EF-50 trigger shifters for fast riding and swift gear changing
- The rear spring of this bike is a bit bouncy
- Water bottle holder & rear disc brake not available.
There are a couple of features that make this model most demanding to the beginner cyclist. Some of the most notable is the lightweight aluminum dual suspension frame and very comfortable sifters. If you are looking for a bicycle to commute or one that can handle occasional downhills, this could be the right option for you. Experiment new adventures with the Schwinn Protocol 1.0 Full Suspension 26 Inch Mountain Bike just below 500 bucks. You will love the experience!
4. Diamondback Sorrento 27.5″
The Diamondback Sorrento 27.5 Hardtail Mountain Bike comes from a company with a deep passion for making quality bicycles that can handle all sorts of terrain. Performance wise, this bike is reliable, with a design that can take you on any adventure. It’s easily assembled, only needing some slight adjustments to get it ready for a ride. Furthermore, it is designed to fit and rides pretty well with its front shocks that give you the expected performance. If you are a beginner or just a
It’s easily assembled, only needing some slight adjustments to get it ready for a ride. Furthermore, it is designed to fit and rides pretty well with its front shocks that give you the expected performance. If you are a beginner or just a commuter with trivial requirements, this MTB is the one you are looking for.
Who is this bike designed for
If you’re an entry-level rider, you will fall in love with this MTB. Medium-to-Tall any bodied riders find this 27.5 mountain bike perfect for their casual ride. It is built for adventurous riders looking forward to exploring rocky terrains, traverse terrains with crevices as well as rough roads. Better yet, it could also be a great companion for anyone trying to stay fit commuting from home to the workplace or the grocery store. Apart from the excellent performance, this two-wheeler also incorporates a stylish design. You can get in a variety of sizes, including 16-inch, 18-inch, 20-inch, and 22-inch. Get it today, and you will be glad to associate yourself with Diamondback Bicycles!
With its sturdy aluminum frame and reliable braking power, you can ride this mountain bike confidently even at high speeds without the worry of stopping instantly. The smooth suspension fork ensures that it’s possible to ride on most surfaces without hurting your back. It’s a great beginner level MTB for the value.
- Shimano 21 speed with 27.5-inch wheels for faster rolling
- Unlike most mountain bikes, this model comes partially assembles
- Heat-treated 6061-T6 alloy hardtail frame with a replaceable derailleur hanger
- Features a reliable and robust aluminum construct for durability and longevity
- The gear shifting is very responsive. It’s smooth and swift for ultimate performance
- Seat & Brake Pads need to upgrade.
- No Disc brake as per latest technology
The Diamondback Sorrento 27.5 Hardtail Mountain Bike has established itself as a bicycle to reckon with. It’s stable, durable, comfortable and responsive, making it a great bicycle for novice riders and professionals alike. It’s a great MTB at the affordable price under $500. If you want to check more bicycles below $500 then you can check here.
5. SE Big 29er
SE bikes are made with a mark of innovation that still influences the market 40 years after the brand opened its doors. The SE Big 29er Hardtail Mountain Bike is a unique budget mountain bike that gives you a range of gears with its 21 speed Shimano EZ fire shifters. It also comes with a 75 mm Sun Tour travel suspension fork that offers a smooth ride across rough terrains. With its Tektro mechanical disc brakes, you can rely on its performance and safety even when you are engaging those jaw-dropping sharp corners.
Who is this bike designed for
This 2017 model mountain bike is designed for both male and female casual riders with an appetite for fun bike riding. If you are considering a budget mountain bike to get you started on a hobby, this is the perfect bike for you.
The SE Bikes Big hardtail Mountain 2.0 29″ Bike features an amazing Sun Tour suspension fork with a 75 mm travel. You get to have a smooth ride even when going through a bumpy road thanks to the suspension forks. You can choose between the different sizes, ranging from 17”, 19” to 21”.
- 21-speed drivetrain with gearing options.
- Alloy disc hubs with double wall strong rims
- The 29-inch wheels provide impressive traction
- The suspension fork offers a smooth riding on rough terrains
- Tekro mechanical disc brake for predictable stopping at top speeds.
- 6061 hardtail aluminum frame which makes this bicycle lighter & durable
- Professional assembly needed
Riders looking for a modern-styled mountain bikes with good specs for riding will love this model. It is lightweight and comes with a suspension fork engineered to deliver a smooth riding experience. What more could you ask for under $500 budget? Enjoy style and performance with the latest 2017 SE Bikes Big Mountain 2.0 Mountain bike!
The Diamondback Response 29er Hardtail Mountain Bike brings to the table affordable pricing and quality performance. At its core is a lightweight and durable 6061-T6 aluminum frame that is nimble and fun even for beginners. This is the kind of bicycle that grows with you as you build upon your riding skills. Worried about using it on hard and rough trails? No problem; this MTB comes with a quality suspension that can handle rough terrains.
Who is this bike designed for
The Diamondback Response 29er Mountain Hardtail Bike is built for both professional and beginner riders. It offers magnificent performance that most professional riders go for while also providing simplicity and flexibility for beginners.
One of the characters of the Diamondback Response 29er Hardtail Mountain Bike is its 29” wheel that gives you improved traction no matter the surface you are riding on. It is designed to be responsive and gives a predictable performance that any riders would enjoy.
- 29-inch wheel for tall bodied riders.
- 21 gearing options with Shimano smooth gear shifting
- SR Suntour XCT 100mm suspension fork for the smooth ride.
- The Tektro Aires brake discs guarantee impeccable stopping power
- The aluminum frame at the center is stiff and lightweight for a perfect ride
- This mountain bike features WTB Wolverine tires that come with high traction
- Only small size is available.
- Average seat. Can replace with quality one.
From the durable aluminum frame to the powerful Tektro brakes it is easy to tell that this is a good bicycle for thrill seekers. The 29-inch wheels are designed to offer excellent traction, making it a good option for professional riders and beginners. Traverse any trail and enjoy the thrill of riding with the Diamondback Response 29er Hardtail Mountain Bike!
The Diamondback Recoil Trail 27.5 Full Suspension Mountain Bike is a must-have for riders getting into the thrill of an adventure. The package contains an easy assembly guide that gets you ready to ride in the shortest time possible. Even though the Recoil Trail 27.5 doesn’t go about re-inventing the wheel, it puts to task a wheel size with a classic design that looks fresh and appealing.
The engineering on this bicycle is simple with a single pivot featuring sealed cartridge bearings to give you a smooth ride. With its quality performance and durability, you can count on it to take you through rocky paths.
Who is this bike designed for
Basically, this MTB is suitable for the riders who like trail rides. If you want to take your adventures to the next level and improve your riding skills, this is one of the best mountain bikes for the money. It offers the reliability that allows you to get through any obstacle with ease & comfortable ride on trails. With a sturdy aluminum alloy frame, you can count on it to give you a smooth riding experience as you explore those amazing nature trails.
The Diamondback Bicycles Recoil Trail Full Suspension MTB comes with a different 27.5” wheels that make it fun to ride, especially for beginners. The new wheel size is complemented by the Suntour triple chainring that gives the two-wheeler excellent stability.
- 24 speeds drive train with Suntour 8 cog cassette
- The bicycle is easy to assemble with an instructional manual
- It comes with excellent stability thanks to its wide handlebar
- Comes with 27.5-inch large wheels which are fit for any size adults
- Single pivot design and 4″ of travel provided by a coil shock with oil damping.
- 120mm Suntour XCM suspension front fork to absorb bumps on rough terrains
- Pedals are plastic but easily be replaced with metal ones.
Judging from the features incorporated in this MTB, it would be true to say that it is a good model for beginners just getting into the thrill of adventure riding. The bike comes with 27.5” wheels, which are big enough for a snappy ride. Looking to take your riding experience to the next level? Get the Diamondback Bicycles Recoil Trail and make it happen!
Summary on the best mountain bike for the money
I think you might find your desired mountain bike from this article. If you still confused to select the perfect one for you from this 7 MTB bikes reviews then I can help you to narrow your search to select the best bike among all bike reviews. Great features, performance, affordable pricing & valuable feedback on bicycle forums make the Diamondback Overdrive 29er Mountain Bike is TOP PICK in this list.
But please don’t think that other listed bikes are craps, All the listed bikes are the great performer on any terrain. So you can try anyone on these bikes without any hesitation.
Related Articles You May Like
- MTBs for less than $200
- Some of the best MTBs for less than $500
- Excellent MTBs for less than $600
- Top of the range MTBs for less than $300
- Mountain bikes around 1000 – Guide & Reviews