How good is the Diamondback Lux?
The Diamondback Lux Women’s Hardtail Mountain Bicycle is a nimble trail bike that rockets up the climbs yet stays stable and planted through the rough sections and descents. The bicycle is designed to accommodate various female body types.
It is a mountain bike version of the Lux 27.5 bike which goes beyond the basics.
The geometry of this bike makes it a real trail bicycle. Among the essential components display a bike ready to conquer rough mountain trails with no abuse. It has a balanced feel that lets you get the best out of every situation.
The Diamondback Lux features an aluminum women’s specific frame which comes with a comfortable fit and more standover clearance. With this, you will be able to get either on or off the bicycle with ease. What makes a bicycle more comfortable other than the suspension forks? That said, try the DB lux’s SR Suntour XCT 27.5 fork with 80mm of travel.
Overview of DB Lux 27.5 Womens Hardtail Mountain Bike
|Frame Size||15″ – Small/ 17″ – Medium/ 19″ – Large|
|Frame Material||6061 T6 aluminum frame|
|Brakes||Mechanical disc brakes|
|Pros||Low standover height, Lightweight, ReadyRide,|
|Cons||Hard saddle, No Kickstand|
|Summary||Best gift for your girlfriend, wife or young daughter|
|Where to Buy||Check On Amazon|
Who is The Diamondback Lux Designed For?
- Just by looking at the Diamondback Lux, you will agree with me that it is a women’s bike. It is specially made for women with riding aspirations. This makes it the best bike for your girlfriend, sister, daughter, and wife.
- The bike comes with a lightweight but durable aluminum frame which is designed to fit women with comfortable. Its low standover height makes it easy for ladies to mount and dismount the bike.
- Unlike other Diamondback bicycles which are available in four size groups, the Diamondback Lux comes in three size clusters.
- The small model (15”) is perfect for riders of height 5.4” – 5.7”. The medium model (17”) suits riders of height 5.7” – 5.10” and the large (19”) suits those of heights 5.10” – 6.1”.
- With the bike sizing variety, you will be able to find a perfect size for a comfortable ride.
Why Diamondback Lux MTB Perfect for Women?
Double Butted Frame
The Diamondback Bicycles Lux Women’s Hardtail Mountain Bike comes with women’s specific aluminum alloy frame & low standover clearance. This makes it best suited for female riders. It is designed to be great on the trail rods as well as gives a neutral feel in every situation.
The upper frame tube is low. This is one feature indicating that it is meant for women. The frame is also reliable for mountain riders. Worried about accidents and knockouts? Don’t as it is strong to handle that. This makes it a perfect bike for beginner female riders. Frame sizes come in three types.
Women may not be into much speed but having a bicycle with a comfortable drivetrain is prudent. This is why the Lux Women’s Hardtail Mountain Bike comes with a drivetrain supporting 24 speeds. The drivetrain not only supports such speed but provides a wide gear choice for different mountain steepness.
The drivetrain of the Diamondback Lux consists of a Shimano Tourney TY500 front derailleur, Shimano Acera M360 rear derailleur, Shimano HG-31 cogset, Shimano Altus EF-51 easy fire shifter and a KMC Z82 chain. All these work hand-in-hand to provide smooth gear shifts throughout the ride. You’ll certainly enjoy shifting the gears.
Powerful Disc Brakes
Bicycle’s brakes are required to enhance control in different situations. Note that this bicycle is an entry-level mountain bike. It is also a women’s bicycle. Therefore, having powerful brakes to prevent or rather minimize incidences is a must. Excellent stopping power is imminent not only for women or entry riders but all riding aficionados.
That said, the Diamondback Bicycles Lux comes with powerful mechanical disc brakes. To be specific, they are the Tektro Aries mechanical disc brakes with 160mm front and rear rotors. You can imagine the stopping power they provide! They are complemented by the Shimano Altus EF-51 brake levers.
Nearly all bikes have suspension systems to contour the rough trails and offer smooth riding. Depending on the price, bicycle manufacturers install different suspension systems. In some way, they determine the overall cost of the bike. The better the system, the more the money.
However, this doesn’t mean that entry-level bikes with cheap price tags have poor suspension mechanisms. For instance, this is a hardtail bike with a great front suspension. Though not high-end, the XCR Suntour form comes with 80mm of travel. It also permits some adjustments.
Bicycle assembly is often a daunting task. This is because it not only requires some basic knowledge but also takes quite some time. Actually, you can take approximately 30 minutes to 2 hours completing the assembly process depending on your expertise. This is why the current bicycle is delivered partially assembled.
The DB Lux, to be specific, is delivered 85% assembled as because it comes with the ReadyRide feature. Besides, the remaining parts can be easily fixed and don’t require much knowledge. This means that you will spend less time assembling and more time riding. Just fix the front wheel, pedals, adjust the brakes, and you are set to go.
Conquering the mountainous terrain requires that you have a bicycle with a good wheelset. Diamondback is certainly the best in this. Just to mention, the 26” wheel size is perfect for trail riding. On the maximum size, the 29-inch wheel is good for racing bikes and other specialty requiring large roll-over.
The 27.5” wheel provides a nice balance between the two sizes. It is perhaps the best choice for mountain riding bicycles. This wheel diameter offers great road traction as well as a stable ride. They roll over obstacles smoothly. They also offer more speed.
Pros & Cons of Diamondback Lux Mountain Bike
- 27.5″ wheels with double-wall alloy durable rims
- Has platform pedals that don’t require bike specific shoes
- Comes 85% assembled reducing the daunting assembly task.
- 2.1″ tires provide more speed and better traction on the trail.
- 80mm fork for shock absorption and better efficiency on climbs.
- Lightweight aluminum frame with a low height for easy mounting.
- Shimano drivetrain for reliable performance through the 24 speeds.
- Equipped with mechanical disc brakes for excellent stopping power
- The bike doesn’t come with a kickstand.
- The saddle little bit hard. You can add a cushion seat cover
Diamondback Lux 27.5 MTB Specs at a Glance
- Frame: Women’s specific double-butted aluminum frame
- Suspension Fork: 80mm travel SR Suntour coil-spring fork
- Speed: 3×8= 24 speed wide gear change
- Shifter: EF51 Easyfire shifter by Shimano Atlus
- Drivetrain: Shimano high-quality drivetrain
- Brakes: Tektro Aires mechanical disc brakes with 160mm dual rotors
- Chain: KMC Z82 chain with 8-speed cassette
- Wheels: 27.5-inch wheel with 2.1″ Chaoyang Hornet tires
- Rims & Spokes: Doublewall alloy SL 2.7 rims with stainless spokes
- Saddle & Seatpost: Devine Edition MTB saddle with 30.9mm adjustable alloy seat post
- Pedals: As usual DB4L alloy platform pedal
- Diamondback Lux weight: 31.09 pounds
- Extras: Toolkit for assembly with the instruction manual.
- Note: Specifications Subject to Change
FAQs & Answer
|Question: What is the bike’s weight?|
|Answer: The Diamondback Lux weighs approximately 31 pounds, Which is lightweight comparatively other bikes in this price range.|
|Question: Does the bike come with a kickstand?|
|Answer: No. This is one of its drawbacks. It doesn’t even have a hole for it. Therefore, you’ll need to be more creative.|
|Question: Are the handlebars women-specific?|
|Answer: Yes. The bicycle is fitted with a DB laser bar with a women-specific width of 720mm, 15mm rise and approximately 31.8mm bar bore. This provides utmost riding comfort.|
|Question: How is the saddle? Soft or hard?|
|Answer: The Diamondback Lux comes with a comfortable seat and an adjustable seat post. Though some customers have complained of its hard nature, a good cover can fix that.|
|Question: What is the color of this bicycle?|
|Answer: The Diamondback Lux comes with a girl-friendly gloss dark teal color.|
Final Verdict on the Diamondback Lux
Its a perfect entry-level bike for women. It is undoubtedly the perfect gift you can buy for your girlfriend, wife, daughter or sister. From the Diamondback Lux review above, you can confirm the great parts which work hand in hand to deliver great pleasure.
Starting from the women-specific frame, great suspension fork, wide wheels for better tractions, powerful brakes to excellent drivetrain, you won’t have any complains riding the Diamondback Lux. Additionally, the assembly process isn’t daunting. The other interesting part is that all these are available at a great price.
You May Also Like To Read
Diamondback Overdrive ST Hardtail Review
Diamondback Bicycle Hook Hardtail Review
Diamondback Bicycles Lux 27.5 Hardtail Mountain Bike
COMPONENTS - 9.5/10
PRICE - 9.8/10
WEIGHT - 9.3/10
SPEED - 9.2/10
DURABILITY - 9.5/10